Whether you are an existing business in Kentucky with an opportunity to expand or a company evaluating our state for a new business location, you must be able to access accurate and timely information from a single source. The Cabinet’s Department for Business Development staff is that source. With years of experience in economic development, any member of our highly qualified team can be your single point of contact for the duration of the site selection/expansion process.
To assist in your understanding of Kentucky’s business environment, as well as to guide you through Cabinet programs, a project manager is assigned to each project as a single point of contact for the duration of the process. This provides confidentiality for the company, while affording a degree of comfort to the local communities being evaluated. Services provided include:
- Site evaluation services, including detailed physical characteristics of Build-Ready sites, shovel-ready sites and available buildings.
- Detailed community data on utilities services, business costs, local government services, labor availability and other local resources.
- Accompany officials to Kentucky communities for confidential community/site evaluations.
- Liaison with state and local government agencies, utility companies, and other organizations, including arranging for confidential meetings where appropriate.
- Preparation of financial packages including, training, tax incentives and other project inducements.
- Assistance in obtaining required state permits and licenses or assistance with questions about environmental compliance.
- Coordination of public announcements for location decisions, groundbreaking ceremonies, and facility grand openings.
Let our staff make your next location or expansion decision a success. Contact our Business Development staff today at (502) 564-7670.